MCCC has a variety of devices to give all students the important opportunity to learn the ethical and effective use of technology.
Our ISC and ICT lab house dedicated desktops and we also have a fleet of iPads all for student use.
Our primary staff are well equipped to nurture, support and guide students to become responsible and competent users of technology.
- iPads are supplied by the College and maintained by our IT Department.
- Years K-4 have access to the fleet of devices that are shared between classes.
- Years 5-6 are assigned a specific device for use at school. (These devices are to remain at the College).
Technology integration at MCCC is governed by the idea that technology is a valuable tool in education and development. It is with this idea that MCCC seeks to implement technology in a purposeful way that is focused on clear objectives and consistent accountability.
All Secondary students are required to have a laptop for use in class. iPads are not allowed in Secondary.
Students will need to have either a Windows or Apple device. For ease of use, we recommend Windows devices as the entire College is built on a Windows network and all staff use Windows devices.
While enrolled at MCCC, all students are eligible for a free licensed copy of Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Creative Cloud.
Please note that Chromebooks are not an option for MCCC.
- Minimum Specifications: i5 processor, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB Hard Drive, 8 hour battery life, 5Ghz WiFi capability (WiFi 5 or 6).
- Recommended Specifications: i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB Solid State Hard Drive, 10+ hour battery life.
- Mandatory requirements: Antivirus Software, wireless capability and a sturdy carry case.
Any device that connects to the wireless network at MCCC will be subject to the web filtering and monitoring we have in place at the College. This filtering is designed to keep students safe and is constantly monitored by our IT staff.
There are serious consequences if students are found to be using any sort of means to bypass the security put in place by the College.
Buy Your Own Device (BYOD)
If you’re confused about which device to choose, we have partnered with company called Learning With Technology to take away a lot of those decisions.
Our IT department has selected several devices that are all within our College requirements, and LWT have set up an ordering Portal so you can pick a device that suits your budget.
You can choose to have the device delivered to the College or to a residential address. The site also has rugged carry cases and some other peripherals available to purchase.
Our personalised portal can be found here.
If you have any questions about technology, please email our IT Team at email@example.com